Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Marlene Villeneuve Marlene Villeneuve is offline

Default Custom multi level bullets and numbering

I have created a custom list in multilevel bullets and numbering. The first
level is fine but the 2 other levels I created do not work. I am just trying
to modify the space between the number and the text. It is too far apart. No
matter what I try to do does not work when I start and new list and apply my
list style. I have searched and searched this is my last attempt before I am
convinced that this cannot be done. I am sure it is a common problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Assuming that you are using a list style, do the following: On the Home tab,
click Multilevel List. From the "List Styles" category, right-click the list
style you created and then choose Modify. Click Format, Numbering, and then
make the desired changes. (Note that you may have to click the More button to
see all options.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Marlene Villeneuve" wrote:

I have created a custom list in multilevel bullets and numbering. The first
level is fine but the 2 other levels I created do not work. I am just trying
to modify the space between the number and the text. It is too far apart. No
matter what I try to do does not work when I start and new list and apply my
list style. I have searched and searched this is my last attempt before I am
convinced that this cannot be done. I am sure it is a common problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Marlene Villeneuve[_2_] Marlene Villeneuve[_2_] is offline

Thanks Stefan. I tried this and I still have the same problem. When I want
to apply the new list style it does not apply for levels 2 and 3. Any other
ideas? THis is for Word 2003. I have not checked out if this is easier in
2007 yet as my problem is with 2003.

"Marlene Villeneuve" wrote:

I have created a custom list in multilevel bullets and numbering. The first
level is fine but the 2 other levels I created do not work. I am just trying
to modify the space between the number and the text. It is too far apart. No
matter what I try to do does not work when I start and new list and apply my
list style. I have searched and searched this is my last attempt before I am
convinced that this cannot be done. I am sure it is a common problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Actually, since you are using Word 2003 it will be easier to just attach
numbering to styles. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. The example
there is with heading styles but you can attach each series of styles, say
List Number, List Number 2, etc.

Note that you then have to explicitly apply these styles to each paragraph
of text that should be numbered (via the Styles and Formatting pane or the
Style box on the Formatting toolbar).

You can use the Tab and Shift+Tab keys to promote and demote list levels
within a list (place the cursor at the beginning of a list item before
pressing the keys).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Marlene Villeneuve" wrote:

I have created a custom list in multilevel bullets and numbering. The first
level is fine but the 2 other levels I created do not work. I am just trying
to modify the space between the number and the text. It is too far apart. No
matter what I try to do does not work when I start and new list and apply my
list style. I have searched and searched this is my last attempt before I am
convinced that this cannot be done. I am sure it is a common problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

you can attach each series of styles, say
List Number, List Number 2, etc.

Correction: *any* series of styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Actually, since you are using Word 2003 it will be easier to just attach
numbering to styles. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. The example
there is with heading styles but you can attach each series of styles, say
List Number, List Number 2, etc.

"Marlene Villeneuve" wrote:

I have created a custom list in multilevel bullets and numbering. The first
level is fine but the 2 other levels I created do not work. I am just trying
to modify the space between the number and the text. It is too far apart. No
matter what I try to do does not work when I start and new list and apply my
list style. I have searched and searched this is my last attempt before I am
convinced that this cannot be done. I am sure it is a common problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Katrina Johnson Katrina Johnson is offline

Default Indents in Word 2007

Hello - I know this an old thread but in Word 2007, what are the keyboard shortcuts equivalent to Tab to increase/decrease indents? I understand which button is it on the ribbon but how do I make the keyboard short cuts work? For instance I read that Crtl +M is suppose to do that but unfortunately it just moves the same bullet left and right instead of changing the bullet to the correctly indented symbol.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can still use Tab and Shift+Tab provided you check the box for "Set
left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces" at Office Button | Word
Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type.