Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Laurie Laurie is offline

Default Mailmerged Dollar Amount Problem

In Office 2003 using Excel spread sheet with dollar amounts as a merge field
in Word the dollar amount shows more then 2 decimal places in the Word
document. It is formated in the Excel document to 2 decimal places and is
showing the correct amount in the formula bar. How do I get Word to keep the
formating or how do I format the merge field to show only 2 decimal places?
Thank you for your help.
--
Laurie
Jenkins Athens Insurance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nina Nina is offline

to format for currency:

{ MERGEFIELD "your field name"\#"$###,###,##0.00" }

"Laurie" wrote:

In Office 2003 using Excel spread sheet with dollar amounts as a merge field
in Word the dollar amount shows more then 2 decimal places in the Word
document. It is formated in the Excel document to 2 decimal places and is
showing the correct amount in the formula bar. How do I get Word to keep the
formating or how do I format the merge field to show only 2 decimal places?
Thank you for your help.
--
Laurie
Jenkins Athens Insurance
Client Services

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sueg sueg is offline

I had trouble finding what I need. How would you do it? I have a 2003 Excel
field formatted in Excel as currency/automatic comma/2 decimal places. I
need to merge this into a 2003 Word letter.
Thanks for your help!
--
sg

Laurie wrote:
In Office 2003 using Excel spread sheet with dollar amounts as a
merge field in Word the dollar amount shows more then 2 decimal
places in the Word document. It is formated in the Excel document to
2 decimal places and is showing the correct amount in the formula
bar. How do I get Word to keep the formating or how do I format the
merge field to show only 2 decimal places? Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

sueg,
About halfway down on G. Mayor's website, listed below.

Format cash amounts to 2 decimal places
{mergefield amount \# "$,0.00;($,0.00)"}

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

Laurie wrote:
In Office 2003 using Excel spread sheet with dollar amounts as a
merge field in Word the dollar amount shows more then 2 decimal
places in the Word document. It is formated in the Excel document to
2 decimal places and is showing the correct amount in the formula
bar. How do I get Word to keep the formating or how do I format the
merge field to show only 2 decimal places? Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See response to the other post onto which you tagged your question.

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP