Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
knowshowrosegrows knowshowrosegrows is offline

Default Rookie INCLUDETEXT Or IF Statements

I am such a rookie at this, it is against the laws of nature...

I have a letter to 200 agencies. There are nine possible boilerplate
paragraphs that an agency will get a combination of. I have been playing
with an external file with the paragraphs given "bookmarks." When I put the
text into the bookmark dialogue box, I cannot control any simple formatting
like BOLD or UNDERLINE.

I need the code to do the following:

If mergefield "computers" is not blank then INCLUDETEXT associated with
bookmark "computers." Keep the formatting for the "computers" paragraph.
If mergefield "computers" is blank - do nothing.

If mergefield "environment" is not blank then INCLUDETEXT associated with
bookmark "environment." Keep the formatting for the "environment" paragraph.
If mergefield "environment" is blank - do nothing.

etc. etc.

The letter may have two of these paragraphs, all nine paragraphs or no
paragraphs or blank spaces.

Can someone get me started?
--
Thanks

You all are teaching me so much
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
knowshowrosegrows knowshowrosegrows is offline

Thanks for reading my post - I figured it out by combining a number of other
posts.
--

"knowshowrosegrows" wrote:

[...]

Rookie - Access to Word knowshowrosegrows Mailmerge 1 March 10th 08 11:28 AM
If then statements LSivak Mailmerge 1 November 9th 06 12:17 AM
conditional if statements Smokey smith Mailmerge 4 April 14th 05 11:38 PM
Can you help with mail merge rookie? Tony Barker Mailmerge 2 February 23rd 05 06:32 AM
financial statements Chris Microsoft Word Help 2 December 1st 04 03:08 AM