Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Janett Janett is offline

Default Word vs. Excel?

I'm new to both Word & Excel, & I need to do a mass mailing for an
organization I belong to. I'm confused as to which of these programs is best
to use -- build the name & address info in Excel & then create the labels in
Word.............?

(Stop laughing -- I said I was new)

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You can either use an Excel spreadsheet of a word document containing a
table in the cells of the first row, you have the field names that will be
used in the merge and you have the data for each person in a separate row in
the table.

See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

If you already have the addresses in some electronic form,

See the article "How to convert addresses into a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...ToDatafile.htm

or

See "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

And, since you are so new at this,

See the article "How to create a Mail Merge" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

and also

See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

I did not laugh, we were all new once.
--
Hope this helps.