Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tstar Tstar is offline

Default Table of contents font problems

Using word 2007, I have been trying to change the font of my table of
contents. It is set at times new roman but the TOC displays arial (and in a
different size). I have tried to modify the style via the TOC style in the
style gallery and also by referencestable of contentsinsert table of
contentsmodify and it is set at times new roman but still inserts it as
arial. I have not directly formatted my headings but used the default heading
styles. I don't know what else to try?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Check that the headings that are being collected by the TOC, i.e. Heading 1,
Heading 2, etc., are not manually formatted as Arial. Any manual formatting
on the Heading text will be reflected in the TOC.
You can use Shift+Spacebar to clear any and all manual formetting from the
Headings and the TOC itself.
If the Heading styles are manually formatted as Arial, clear this and then
modify the Heading style itself to reflect the formatting you want.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"Tstar" wrote:

Using word 2007, I have been trying to change the font of my table of
contents. It is set at times new roman but the TOC displays arial (and in a
different size). I have tried to modify the style via the TOC style in the
style gallery and also by referencestable of contentsinsert table of
contentsmodify and it is set at times new roman but still inserts it as
arial. I have not directly formatted my headings but used the default heading
styles. I don't know what else to try?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Safer to use Ctrl-Shift-Z to clear manual formatting, because Ctrl-
Spacebar is the Windows command to switch to Chinese input (it seems
to switch to a Chinese font even if Chinese isn't implemented on your
computer!), and Windows commands override Word commands, and it can't
be changed, even in Windows.