Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Seamus Moran Seamus Moran is offline

Default Use templates from my own computer to be default

Hi.

I have a large amount of personal and employer templates I use frequently;
and I seldom need to seek templates beyond this inventory.
I've added the "new from template" button to my tool bar next to the "new"
button, and when I press it, the task pane opens, and offers me wonderful
choices of templates from around the world. The selection "on my own
computer" is maybe three quarters way down the screen.
I'd like the button to resume the behavior of earlier editions of Word, and
open the templates dialog box directly, so I can rapidly open the boring but
necessary templates Marketing require me to use.
I've not managed to find out how to do this yet, so apologies if this is a
silly question!

thank you,
Seamus
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Replace the "new from template" button with one that Microsoft tried to
bury...

In the Customize dialog, on the Commands tab, select the category "All
Commands". In the Commands list, find the command FileNewDialog and drag
that to the toolbar.

This poor lonely command doesn't have an icon, and its default text is
"Other...". While the Customize dialog is still open, you can right-click
the button to change its name and give it an icon (you could copy/paste the
icon from the "New" button), and select Default Style so only the icon is
visible.

Your new button will open the templates dialog directly and bypass the task
pane.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman