Protected doc w/ fields you can edit & tab through?

Old March 4th 08, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
srclary

Default Protected doc w/ fields you can edit & tab through?

I am trying to protect a Word doc but allow users specific sections they can
enter in text. I have been able to do this somewhat with the Protect Document
tool but it will not allow me to TAB through to all the fields that are
editable. Currently if you hit TAB in one of these fields it moves the cursor
over instead of jumping to the next editable field.

Can anyone help me out?
Old March 5th 08, 09:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Tabbing should work with form fields (available also in previous versions).
However, if you are using content controls, which allow the insertion of tab
characters, you can use the Up and Down arrows instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old March 5th 08, 10:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi srclary,

By design, the Tab key moves between protected fields, but allows you to input tabs into unprotected sections of the document.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]