Printing offset/different page margins on odd and even pages

Old December 7th 04, 11:05 PM
John M

Default Printing offset/different page margins on odd and even pages

Hi,

I am about to print a Ph D thesis that will be bound. The thesis will be
printed double -sided. Binding can restrict page opening, making the part of
the page nearest to the spine hard to see.

So I wanted to print 'offset'. In other words, on right-hand pages, the
right margin might be 20 mm and the left 40 mm (well away from the spine)
while on left-hand pages, the right margin might be 40 mm and the left 20 mm.

Can I set page margins that differ between odd and even pages?
Alternatively, can I set the print commands to do this?

Many thanks.

John M
Old December 7th 04, 11:17 PM
garfield-n-odie

Hi, John. In Word, click on File | Page Setup | Margins | Multiple pages:
Mirror margins | Apply to: Whole document. Then either set an inside margin
of 40 mm, or set an inside margin of 20 mm and a gutter margin of 20 mm.
Click on OK.