Word Not Responding/Saving a File Before Closing

Old March 12th 08, 09:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy17

Default Word Not Responding/Saving a File Before Closing

I'm on a Windows Vista operating system running Word 2003. When I saved and
went to close a Word doc, Word locked up and is now not responding
whatsoever. Unfortunately, I did not save the other document I was
simultaneously working in first and now can't do anything with it. Please
tell me there is a way to retrieve the contents of this file without having
to "close the program and lose all information."
Old March 14th 08, 01:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
justamailman

Hi
I am having the same problem running XP and using Office XP. My file does
not want to close whatever I try to do it. I even copied the content on a
new file and it still does not want to save it. First time in my life I
encounter such a problem. Hope someone can help us through this
For your particular problem there is some software that are able to retrieve
deleted files if you had a previous version of it at least. You would not
have lost everything , I hope it is your case for you by God's grace.