Repeated Configuration Progress dialog from Word 2007 & Word 2003

Old March 12th 08, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John

Default Repeated Configuration Progress dialog from Word 2007 & Word 2003

Windows XP Pro SP2
Word 2007 SP1
Word 2003 SP3

When I installed Office 2007, I left Word 2003 installed because Word 2007
does not have the insert from scanner menu item which I use all the time.

Whenever I fire up Word 2003, it does a re-install dialog. Then when I fire
up Word 2007, it does a configuration progress (re-install). This is really
annoying. I don't know how to stop it.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Old March 13th 08, 01:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi John,

You can use the 'noReReg' registry settings to help preclude the handoff and reconfiguration between the two versions.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091/en-us?FR=1

==========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Old March 14th 08, 02:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John

Bob

Thank you for the valuable feedback!

John

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...