Is there a way to alphabetize pages by Title?

Old March 24th 08, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill

Default Is there a way to alphabetize pages by Title?

I am wanting to create a rather large document using Word, after completion I
would like to alphabetize them, can this be done?

Old March 24th 08, 09:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

What is "them"?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old March 26th 08, 12:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rune Hagen[_2_]

He wants a way to alphabetize headings.
Kind of if you make an encyclopedia by putting text in randomly, then
sorting the pages/sections alphabetically by the header afterwards.

Or I may be mistaken...

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

What is "them"?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old March 26th 08, 12:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

In Word, you cannot work with pages directly. However, if the page titles
are formatted with the built-in heading styles, or have been assigned
outline levels (Paragraph dialog box, Indents and Spacing tab), you can do
this: Switch to Outline view. Show only the relevant levels (the page title
paragraphs, that is), and then sort the text. Collapsed subordinate
paragraphs will follow.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP