Documents opening at the wrong display size

Old March 26th 08, 02:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules

Default Documents opening at the wrong display size

For some reason I have a batch of saved documents which when I open them in
Print Layout come up at 75% display rather than my standard 100%. I get two
A4 pages side by side and have to manually adjust the display setting back
to 100%. If I then re-save the documents and re-open them, they still come
up at 75%.

Other documents open at 100%, as usual.

Is there anything I can do to force the errant docs to open at 100%?

Many thanks.

Bert

Old March 26th 08, 03:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Bert Coules wrote:
For some reason I have a batch of saved documents which when I open
them in Print Layout come up at 75% display rather than my standard
100%. I get two A4 pages side by side and have to manually adjust
the display setting back to 100%. If I then re-save the documents
and re-open them, they still come up at 75%.

Other documents open at 100%, as usual.

Is there anything I can do to force the errant docs to open at 100%?

Many thanks.

Bert

After you change the zoom setting, but before you save the document, make
some editing change -- for instance, insert a space and then delete it -- so
Word will recognize that the document needs to be saved. See step 4 of
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...iewAndZoom.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old March 26th 08, 05:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules

Jay Freedman wrote:

After you change the zoom setting, but before you save the document, make
some editing change -- for instance, insert a space and then delete it --
so Word will recognize that the document needs to be saved.

Excellent, thanks so much.

Bert