how i can get rid of space between footnotes?

Old March 26th 08, 11:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hannahwilky

Default how i can get rid of space between footnotes?

For some reason between do footnotes, a blank, single line space has appeared
that won't go just be using back space, as usual. I've also tried
high-lighting the area clicking single-line spacing, under the paragraph
function. Any ideas of how to get rid of it?
Old March 26th 08, 12:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Remove any Spacing Before or After from the Footnote Text paragraph style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old June 6th 08, 06:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Clark[_2_]

Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

Old June 7th 08, 12:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For a start, right-click in the footnote and choose Paragraph... If the
paragraph has any spacing before or after, reduce it to 0. Click OK. Then
right-click in the modified footnote paragraph and choose Update Footnote
Text style to Match Selection.

Old June 7th 08, 06:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Clark[_2_]

That helped most of them, Suzanne. When I also changed the Line Spacing in
the Paragraph tab from Multiple to Single, all of my extra spaces vanished.
Thanks!
--
Clark

Old May 3rd 10, 09:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barbara mccarthy

Default get rid of extra spaces in footnotes

You can always highlight the line and change the font size to 1 - this virtually eliminates the line.

Hannahwilk wrote:

how i can get rid of space between footnotes?
26-Mar-08

For some reason between do footnotes, a blank, single line space has appeared
that won't go just be using back space, as usual. I've also tried
high-lighting the area clicking single-line spacing, under the paragraph
function. Any ideas of how to get rid of it?

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 6:44 AM
Hannahwilk wrote:

how i can get rid of space between footnotes?
For some reason between do footnotes, a blank, single line space has appeared
that won't go just be using back space, as usual. I've also tried
high-lighting the area clicking single-line spacing, under the paragraph
function. Any ideas of how to get rid of it?

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:02 AM
Stefan Blom wrote:

Remove any Spacing Before or After from the Footnote Text paragraph style.
Remove any Spacing Before or After from the Footnote Text paragraph style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Hannahwilky" wrote in message

On Friday, June 06, 2008 1:03 PM
Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

On Friday, June 06, 2008 7:48 PM
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

For a start, right-click in the footnote and choose Paragraph...
For a start, right-click in the footnote and choose Paragraph... If the
paragraph has any spacing before or after, reduce it to 0. Click OK. Then
right-click in the modified footnote paragraph and choose Update Footnote
Text style to Match Selection.

"Clark" wrote in message

On Saturday, June 07, 2008 1:21 PM
Clar wrote:

That helped most of them, Suzanne.
That helped most of them, Suzanne. When I also changed the Line Spacing in
the Paragraph tab from Multiple to Single, all of my extra spaces vanished.
Thanks!
--
Clark

WPF Reflection Effect
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...on-effect.aspx
Old May 3rd 10, 09:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
barbara mccarthy

Clar wrote:

Stefan,I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting
Stefan,

I'm having the same problem in W2007 and is probably due to cut/pasting in
the footnote area (I know, that's a "no-no"). I don't understand your
suggestion: where is Footnote Text Paragraph Style?

I've been researching the archives for solving this problem: copying the
page to a blank one doesn't work and I cannot see any paragraph separators in
the blank footnote lines. Any help would be appreciated as I have a paper to
submit shortly.
--
Clark

Old May 3rd 10, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gordon[_5_]

"barbara mccarthy" wrote in message
You can always highlight the line and change the font size to 1 - this
virtually eliminates the line.

You do realise that you are replying to a post that is over a YEAR old?

Old May 3rd 10, 10:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Make that TWO

--
Hope this helps.