I cannot open .docx files from email attachments and I have Word 2

Old March 29th 08, 03:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
reeree03

Default I cannot open .docx files from email attachments and I have Word 2

I have downloaded all updates and I can't open .docx files from email
attachments. This is stupid!
Old March 29th 08, 03:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
reeree03

Sorry the Subject line cut off, but I have Word 2007 and it still converts it
to zip files when I open the document (.docx ) as an attachment of an email.

Please help!

Old March 29th 08, 07:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It seems certain that the file association for docx has gone adrift from
Word - perhaps because you later installed a zip application that stole the
file association (docx is a compressed format). If repairing Office doesn't
fix it, then right click a docx file from Windows Explorer and select Open
With... Choose Winword.exe and check the box to always open with this
application.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com