Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DBourbeau DBourbeau is offline

Default Word 2007 Quirk with laptop

When opening a 97-2003 .doc file, using 2007, on a laptop it changes the
format/font off in the entire document. I open the same document on my
desktop and it looks fine. Tried saving it as .docx and reopening it on the
laptop and got the same funky layout. Does anyone know why this happens? I
looked at the settings and they seem to be the same as what I'm using. Any
suggestions?

This also happened using Power Point with laptops. Haven't resolved that
issue either. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Or a different printer driver.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"DBourbeau" wrote:

When opening a 97-2003 .doc file, using 2007, on a laptop it changes the
format/font off in the entire document. I open the same document on my
desktop and it looks fine. Tried saving it as .docx and reopening it on
the
laptop and got the same funky layout. Does anyone know why this happens?
looked at the settings and they seem to be the same as what I'm using.
Any
suggestions?

This also happened using Power Point with laptops. Haven't resolved that
issue either. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DBourbeau DBourbeau is offline

All office computers have the same drivers, fonts, etc. installed on them.
We ue the same Times New Roman 11 font for all documents.

One of the formatting issues is that the headers (consisting of two lines)
show up with major spacing between the lines. This is in addition to the
font change. Some of the document, minor amounts, remained TNR 11 pt, but
the majority changed. This is so weird.