Update Fields in Footnotes

Old May 2nd 08, 01:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debra Ann

Default Update Fields in Footnotes

Word 2003

I have the following two sets of code but neither updates fields that are
placed in my footnotes. What code do I need to get the footnotes updated?

Selection.WholeStory
Selection.Fields.Update

ActiveDocument.Fields.Update
--
Debra Ann
Old May 5th 08, 10:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Generally, you can use the macro at
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm to update fields in all stories
(headers, footers, text boxes, and so on). However, this does not seem to
work (reliably) for fields in footnotes. You may want to ask in a
programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general for
assistance with this.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old May 5th 08, 11:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The update macro you refer to should update fields contained in footnote
entries, and does so in my tests here - however it is true that sometimes
individual problematic story ranges may have to be addressed separately. If
you find that it doesn't update the fields in your document, let me know
more about the document and its fields that don't update.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old May 5th 08, 01:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debra Ann

One more question, is there a way to get it to not have the popup "you cannot
update this command, do you wish to continue?"

Thanks,

--
Debra Ann

Old May 5th 08, 02:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Actually, when testing it again, it seems to work as advertised in my test
document. I don't know what went wrong the first time.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP