stop text wrapping in Word 2003 document

Old May 11th 08, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Roman

Default stop text wrapping in Word 2003 document

Notepad and Wordpad have the ability to turn text wrapping on or off, how can
I do this with Word?
I want to make a list of information where there is a new record on each
line and keep it as simple text. Even if I wrap to window, that's not enough
space sometimes.
Old May 11th 08, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Herb Tyson [MVP]

For what you're describing, you're probably better off using Notepad,
Wordpad, or Excel.

Wordwrap is a feature. There is no way to turn it off. You can effectively
prevent Word from wrapping very long lines, however, by a combination of
setting the paper width really wide, setting the left/right margins very
small, setting the font size very small, and choosing Ignore instead of Fix
when/if Word tells you that the margins are set outside the printable area.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

Old May 12th 08, 02:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Roman

Thank you. Indeed, maybe I should just use WordPad. Since the beginning of
time I think, notepad mysteriously adds line breaks when word wrapping is on
rather than just displaying it wrapped (in addition to other crazy behavior),
but that's another topic.