Citing multiple authors

Old May 14th 08, 06:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Antonio[_3_]

Default Citing multiple authors

Hi Guys,

I have another question, how can I cite multiple authors using the
updated citation and bibliography functions in MS Word 2007. I'm
making a point in my dissertation that is supported by 3 articles in
my bibliography, but MS Word will only allow me to cite one of them at
a time. This seems outrageous b/c many peer-reviewed academic
articles cite multiple articles per citation. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Antonio
Old May 14th 08, 07:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Antonio,

When you're in the 'Manage Source' dialog click on the 'Edit' button for the authors and enter each author separately, or in the
Source editor, put a semicolon between authors.

You can have multiple citation fields, or you can insert multiple Citation tags in a single field. To do the latter

1. In References=Citations & Bibliography"=Manage Sources select a source on 'Current List' and choose 'Edit'.

2. Make a note of the Citation Tag name you want to add from the bottom left corner of the 'Edit Source' log.

3. In the document insert your first Citation then right click the inserted citation and choose 'Edit Field'.

4. In the edit field dialog, after the first citation add a space then
type \m then a space and then the next tag name.

================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Old May 14th 08, 07:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Antonio[_3_]

On May 14, 11:28 am, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful
Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:
[...]

Wow, you've been an amazing help. Another question, is it possible to
spell check citations throughout the text and the bibliography?
Thanks again!

Antonio
Old June 22nd 12, 12:03 PM
klipenga klipenga is offline

I have found this tip EXTREMELY helpful. I searched around for how to do this and so far this is the only place where such info is available.
If you know to put the short title in italics under the same referencing system please inform us.
Ken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Buckland ?:-\) View Post

wizard for Authors VNP Dan Page Layout 2 April 19th 08 11:35 PM
bibliography: how to correctly sort authors with multiple books clay Microsoft Word Help 0 January 23rd 07 05:32 PM
Creating multiple indexes in a document (subject, authors, etc) Bryn Olew Microsoft Word Help 10 August 30th 06 04:07 AM
Track Changes with Multiple Authors Wallace Microsoft Word Help 2 February 15th 06 01:53 PM
citing internet research M New Users 1 December 3rd 04 02:02 AM