How do I type e + circumflex as in fete?

Old May 27th 08, 09:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phoenixfire

Default How do I type e + circumflex as in fete?

I want to type the word fete using a circumflex over the letter 'e'. Where
can I find this in WORD 2003?
Old May 27th 08, 09:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke

"Phoenixfire" wrote:
I want to type the word fete using a circumflex over the letter 'e'.
Where can I find this in WORD 2003?

If you have an international keyboard with the ^ key, you're in luck and can
just type ^e.
Else, select the ê and open the InsertSymbol dialog. The Word keyboard
shortcut will be displayed at the bottom.

Regards,
Klaus

Old May 27th 08, 11:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl+^, e. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm

Old May 28th 08, 04:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grammatim[_2_]

On May 27, 4:30*pm, Phoenixfire
wrote:
I want to type the word fete using a circumflex over the letter 'e'. Where
can I find this in WORD 2003?

The normal keyboard shortcut is Ctrl-Shift-^, e.

The shortcuts in Word for the accents in French, Spanish, Italian,
German, and the Scandinavian languages are actually pretty easy to
remember. You type Ctrl+ the closest-looking mark to the accent: ' ` ,
(if it's a shifted mark, such as ~ or ^ or umlaut/dieresis, then it's
Ctrl-Shift), then the letter you want to put it onto (capital or
lowercase).

This only works in Office, not in other apps. (On a Mac, the keyboard
shortcuts for the accented letters are the same across all programs.)
Old May 28th 08, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lista72

ALT+136