Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
document-writer document-writer is offline

Default Spellcheck for duplicate words

How do I get Spellchecjker to report and suggest removal of duplicate words
accidentally typed in a sentence?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Doesn't it do this automatically?

"document-writer" wrote in
message ...
How do I get Spellchecjker to report and suggest removal of duplicate
words
accidentally typed in a sentence?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
document-writer[_2_] document-writer[_2_] is offline

One would think so, but it didn't. I checked Spellcheck options just to make
sure there wasn't a function controlling duplicate word check that might have
been accidentally shut off. But, I couldn't find any selectable options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Doesn't it do this automatically?

"document-writer" wrote in
message ...
How do I get Spellchecjker to report and suggest removal of duplicate
words
accidentally typed in a sentence?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are there specific duplications it isn't marking? They could be in your
exceptions list.

"document-writer" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Doesn't it do this automatically?

"document-writer" wrote in
message ...
How do I get Spellchecjker to report and suggest removal of duplicate
words
accidentally typed in a sentence?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] is offline

Suzanne is right: the speller identifies repetitions automatically and there
is no special function or option you need to activate to do so. Don't
hesitate to tell us if you have legitimate duplications which the speller
does not find. If you type something like "He read the the book", the second
occurrence of "the" should be red-squiggled. If you right-click on it, you
can choose to "Delete Repeated Word".

Best,

Thierry

Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT]