Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Birgitt Birgitt is offline

Default Special symbol

Does somebody know how to type an individual character over another one? I
need to type a forward slash (/) over an equal sign (=).

Cheers
Birgitt

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

If you mean the Not Equal To (‰*) symbol? This is in the Mathematical
Operators in the Insert Symbol character sets (U2260).

"Birgitt" wrote:

Does somebody know how to type an individual character over another one? I
need to type a forward slash (/) over an equal sign (=).

Cheers
Birgitt

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As DeanH points out, there is already a symbol for this, but in general see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...Characters.htm (which starts off
by asking you if there might not be an existing character to meet your
needs).