Insert a page before the table of contents?

Old June 3rd 08, 07:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Farhad M

Default Insert a page before the table of contents?

How do I insert a blank page before the table of contents in Word 2007? I
have a page or two of text (title page and executive summary) I'd like to
insert before the table of contents and not be included in it either. But
every time I try to insert the table of contents, it defaults to becoming the
first page no matter what. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old June 4th 08, 09:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Note that the table of contents will always be inserted at the insertion
point, so getting it in the desired place shouldn't be a problem. On the
other hand, if you are trying to control on which page the page numbering
starts, you need a section break; see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...rontMatter.htm. For more on
TOCs, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old May 16th 12, 05:02 PM
wisling wisling is offline

Wink

add some text after the ToC and drag the ToC after or into the text