using roman and arabic numerals in one document

Old June 9th 08, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
muse3

Default using roman and arabic numerals in one document

I have a document that requires roman numerals for the initial cover pages
and arabic numerals with the content pages. I saved them originally in 2
separate files. When I try to merge them, into one final document, all of
the pages are either roman or arabic. How can I use both in one document?