Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] anne.koikkalainen@hotmail.com is offline

Default Cross reference only to caption number

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is some way to make cross reference to only
caption number in word 2007? I want to use only caption number because
in my language label needs to be inflected when used in text. Of
course I could modify labels in text but I lose modifications every
time the field is updated.

Thanks in advance,

Anne
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can manually bookmark the caption number and then insert a
cross-reference to the bookmark text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is some way to make cross reference to only
caption number in word 2007? I want to use only caption number because
in my language label needs to be inflected when used in text. Of
course I could modify labels in text but I lose modifications every
time the field is updated.

Thanks in advance,

Anne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can insert a cross reference to the caption label and number (without
the associated text) from the insert cross reference dialog, but if you want
only the number you would have to bookmark it as suggested by Stefan (unless
you create the caption without a label - an option from the caption dialog).