Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bsharp bsharp is offline

Default Repeat text in Word 2007

I want to be able to type in some basic info (client name, address, date) at
the top of a document, and then have that info be repeated at several other
locations within the document. I am trying to create forms for my clients to
sign.

I was able to do this in Word 2003 very easily, without using VBA or
anything else fancy, but can't seem to duplicate it in 2007.

I want to be able to go back in later, and change the info, and have it
update throughout the document again.

I have looked at Greg Maxey's info, but the only info it has for Word 2007
is the "least favorable" method (according to him).

I've tried to copy and paste special, but I only have "paste" as an option.

Any SIMPLE solutions to this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

bsharp,

All of the methods I discussed in that article still work with Word2007.
You can still create legacy form controls in Word2007. You have to enable
the Developer's Tab (Word Options/Popular/Show Developer's Tab). Then click
the "Legacy Tools" icon in the Controls Group.

"Least favorable" only in comparison to the extremely simply process of
using mapped controls. This links to an AddIn that I created that makes
creating mapped controls a breeze:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Mapped_Content_Control.htm

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP