Mouse will not Highlight text

Old July 29th 08, 08:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jdux99

Default Mouse will not Highlight text

Hello All, I'm new to Word 2007 and I'm having a problem with highlighted
text. Within the body of a Word document, when I try to highlight text,
(left click and drag the mouse over a section of text), or place my mouse at
a specific location (on top of a word / character), the mouse does not
respond. This only happens inside the body of the document. The mouse
reacts correctly on any of the tabs (Home, Insert, Layout, etc), or on the
Page up/down double arrows on the slider bar. The wheel also reacts
correctly in that the screen scrolls up and down when I turn the wheel.
I hope this is a clear enough explanation - any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks, John