How can I print "DRAFT" diagonally across a word document?

Old August 5th 08, 01:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan

Default How can I print "DRAFT" diagonally across a word document?

I am interested to learn how I can print the words "DRAFT" or "SAMPLE"
diagonally across the pages of a word document in the background.
Old August 5th 08, 02:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deanna

Are you working with 07 or 03?

For 07:
Go to the Page Layout tab, and click on Watermark. There will be options
for you to choose and the diagonal Draft is one of them.

For 03:
I'm a bit rusty on this one, from memory if you go to Insert, then
watermark?
you will have to type the text you want then click the option of the text
alignment as diagonal.

--
Dee

Old August 5th 08, 11:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SuperJen

I'll try and be sort of general since I don't know what version of Word you
are using.

You want to get into the header/footer view (either using the View menu or
double-clicking). With the header/footer area open, you can insert a large
text box where the body of the document is.

I usually put "word art" inside the text box so I can use diagonal letters
and easily change the color to make the underlying text visible.