IF statement in Word 2007

Old August 5th 08, 11:58 AM
JenMcG JenMcG is offline

Location: Glasgow
Default IF statement in Word 2007

I'm fairly new to doing this kind of thing with word, but was looking for a way that I can do an IF statement with word that will allow me to put one of 2 statements depending on the sign off on a letter

ie
if 'a' or 'b' show statement 1
else show statement 2

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Old August 5th 08, 07:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

JenMcG wrote:
I'm fairly new to doing this kind of thing with word, but was looking
for a way that I can do an IF statement with word that will allow me
to put one of 2 statements depending on the sign off on a letter

ie
if 'a' or 'b' show statement 1
else show statement 2

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

There is an IF field, which is explained in the Help (or online at
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...respos=3&rt=2).

In order to give you any more explicit advice or examples, we need to know
what you mean by "if 'a' or 'b'". What are those conditions, and where are
their values?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman