dogwoodpark

Default How can I disable Japanese in Outlook (or in Office)?

I recently go an email from Japan. On the screen were instructions on how to
enable me to get Japanese characters in Outlook (or Office). I followed
them, and was able to get the email. But now I get constant spam in
Japanese. I don't get much spam otherwise, just all this Japanese spam that
started when I enabled Japanese. I can't figure out how to disable Japanese.
I don't want it anymore! Thanks!
Jezebel

You can deal with the encoding issue through Tools Options, but that won't
do anything about the spam except make it unreadable. My guess is that the
'instructions' you followed to enable the Japanese characters were actually
putting you on one or more Japanese spam lists. Sadly, there's no way to put
the toothpaste back into the tube other than discarding your email address.

"dogwoodpark" wrote in message
I recently go an email from Japan. On the screen were instructions on how
enable me to get Japanese characters in Outlook (or Office). I followed
them, and was able to get the email. But now I get constant spam in
Japanese. I don't get much spam otherwise, just all this Japanese spam
that
started when I enabled Japanese. I can't figure out how to disable
Japanese.
I don't want it anymore! Thanks!

dogwoodpark

I went to Outlook and tried Tools Options but found nothing that would let
me remove the Japanese option. I also tried doing this in Word, but still
couldn't find it. Could you give more details on where to go and what tab to
choose when I get there? Thanks!