Edit text in a picture in Word (to be pasted into Excel)

Old August 20th 08, 05:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ec17

Default Edit text in a picture in Word (to be pasted into Excel)

I have a word document which contains tables of data. When I am trying to
copy the tables of data to Excel, I am right clicking the mouse and it has
options to copy a picture. So while the data appears to be a MSWord table, it
is actually a 'picture'.
I want to just grab the raw text, paste it in excel and start some analysis.
Any suggestions how I can edit the picture and get the raw text into Excel?

Old August 20th 08, 05:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Paste special html format will insert the table content as a table.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old August 20th 08, 06:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ec17

When I try paste special, I don't get HTML as an option to select, rather:
Picture (PNG)
Picture (JPEG)
Picture (GIF)
Picture (Enhanced metafile)
MS Office drawing object

Old August 20th 08, 09:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Did you select the table before copying to the clipboard?
Which versions of Word/Excel are you using?