How do you write sideways on a word document?

Old August 25th 08, 03:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rockclimber

Default How do you write sideways on a word document?

How do you change to type sideways so I can do tear off phone numbers at the
bottom of a page?
Old August 25th 08, 03:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This is a lot easier to do in Publisher (if you have it), which has
templates specifically for this purpose. In Word, create a one-row table
with the desired number of columns, then change the text direction in the
cells.

Old August 25th 08, 03:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RobertVA

Rockclimber wrote:
How do you change to type sideways so I can do tear off phone numbers at the
bottom of a page?

Indicating which version you are using may help those with the same
version offer specific directions.

Please respond the results of inserting a table, right clicking on one
of the table cells and checking the resulting context menu for "Text
Direction...". Visibility and/or availability of items on menus varied
as Word evolved through different versions, which is why you should
include application version numbers in posts.
Old September 3rd 08, 02:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike[_13_]

In 2007 Word: Insert a table at the bottom of your document (for tear-offs).
Size the cells. Right-click in a table cell, click on format, choose the
direction.