Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Indy Paul W Indy Paul W is offline

Default Word Missing from Programs List

I have Word 2003 on my machine. I works fine when i click on a x.doc file it
opens and I can use all the functions. My problem is if I go into Start,
Programs, Microsoft Office the Word program does not appear. Any suggestons
on how to get the link back in this list?
--
Thanks,
Indy Paul W
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:41:18 -0700, Indy Paul W
wrote:

I have Word 2003 on my machine. I works fine when i click on a x.doc file it
opens and I can use all the functions. My problem is if I go into Start,
Programs, Microsoft Office the Word program does not appear. Any suggestons
on how to get the link back in this list?

Do you have a shortcut to Word anywhere else, such as on the desktop or in the
Quick Launch Toolbar? If not, using Windows Explorer (the file manager) go to
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11, right-click the file WinWord.exe,
and choose Send To Desktop.

Now that you have a shortcut, select it and copy it to the clipboard.

Click Start Programs. Right-click the Microsoft Office item and choose
Explore, which will open the file manager to the Microsoft Office folder under
your profile. Paste from the clipboard into the folder.

If you don't want the shortcut on the desktop, you can now delete it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use Windows Search to look for winword.exe (note that you'll need to make
sure the search includes hidden and system files and folders). When you find
it, right-click and choose Create Shortcut. Word won't let you create the
shortcut in the Search Results window and will ask if you want it on the
desktop. Say yes. You can always drag it to the Start menu later if you
prefer.

"Indy Paul W" wrote in message
I have Word 2003 on my machine. I works fine when i click on a x.doc file
it
opens and I can use all the functions. My problem is if I go into Start,
Programs, Microsoft Office the Word program does not appear. Any
suggestons
on how to get the link back in this list?
--
Thanks,
Indy Paul W

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

[...]