how do i put two dots over the e in Zoe?

Old September 3rd 08, 04:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DDAANN

Default how do i put two dots over the e in Zoe?

Zoe needs an two-dot accent over the "e" for pronunciation. How can I set up
my PC in Word and Outlook to add the marks every time I type the name?
Old September 3rd 08, 08:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

DDAANN wrote:
Zoe needs an two-dot accent over the "e" for pronunciation. How can
I set up my PC in Word and Outlook to add the marks every time I type
the name?

There is a built-in character, , in almost every font. You can enter that
character in a Word document in any of these ways:

- Use the Insert Symbol dialog
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...SpecChars.htm).

- With NumLock turned on, hold down the Alt key while typing the number 0235
on the number pad.

- Hold the Ctrl key while pressing the colon ( key; then release both keys
and press the e key.

When you have done this once and you have the word Zo in a document, select
it and make it the AutoCorrect replacement for Zoe without the accent (which
is technically called a diaeresis) so you won't ever have to do it again.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old October 24th 08, 09:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
rams77

How do you set the spelling check in Outlook to automatically change Zoe to
Zoë? I have recently upgraded to service pack 3 on Windows XP and the
functionality no longer works. I am composing email messages in HTML and not
editing with Word.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

DDAANN wrote:
Zoe needs an two-dot accent over the "e" for pronunciation. How can
I set up my PC in Word and Outlook to add the marks every time I type
the name?

There is a built-in character, ë, in almost every font. You can enter that
character in a Word document in any of these ways:

- Use the Insert Symbol dialog
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...SpecChars.htm).

- With NumLock turned on, hold down the Alt key while typing the number 0235
on the number pad.

- Hold the Ctrl key while pressing the colon ( key; then release both keys
and press the e key.

When you have done this once and you have the word Zoë in a document, select

Old November 8th 08, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Swifty

DDAANN wrote:
Zoe needs an two-dot accent over the "e" for pronunciation. How can I set up
my PC in Word and Outlook to add the marks every time I type the name?

In addition to other mechanisms, I like the application "Allchars". This
works the same in all application, so you only have to learn one way.

With Allchars, I would tap Ctrl (not hold it) then type ":" and "e" and
I would get the ë that I just typed. It handles all of the well-known
accented characters out of the box, along with many other symbols. You
can configure it for your own characters as well.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

I typed a few dots and a line of dots appeared. How to delete it? SProvost Microsoft Word Help 1 July 22nd 08 03:19 PM
dots pinoy Microsoft Word Help 1 May 10th 08 09:30 AM
Word some kind of formatting causing BASELINE red dots in Outlook, when using word as editor, but no red dots in Word btemple Formatting Long Documents 1 November 2nd 07 01:54 PM
Leader Dots Alexavier Microsoft Word Help 1 May 22nd 07 12:31 AM
hit space bar get dots don't want dots YellowRoseTweedy New Users 7 November 6th 05 08:43 AM