How do I fix opening Word and it says Feature ID not registered?

Old September 4th 08, 11:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
clueless

Default How do I fix opening Word and it says Feature ID not registered?

I have Office Word 2007 and when I try to use it or Power Point an error
comes up that says Feature ID not registered. I am not very computer savvy
and I don't know how to fix it.
Old September 27th 08, 05:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MichaelSt

On Sep 4, 6:24*pm, clueless
wrote:
I have Office Word 2007 and when I try to use it or Power Point an error
comes up that saysFeature ID not registered. I am not very computer savvy
and I don't know how to fix it.

I have seen that there are tons of people on here asking the question
but no clear answers. However, I got up this morning and had the same
issue and decided to find an answer myself. Here is what happened. I
traced back to a list of recent applications I installed. I was
looking at my list and recalled "Gimp" -- innocent application right?
No so! It requires a windows addon that screws up your computer and
will not open any of your Office applications. Hit Alt+Ctrl+Del and
you get the "Failed to Create Security Dialogue" .. or something
similar. I uninstalled GIMP .. guess what? All of my word icons
reappaeared and all is functioning well. If you can recall the last
time your machine was functioning properly and then recall newly
installed apps .. you can probably fix the problem.

Best of luck