How to convert each line of text into a separate paragraph?

Old September 24th 08, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jack_1111

Default How to convert each line of text into a separate paragraph?

Hello,

The question is like in the subject... I'm using a photo editing program and
would like to paste some text from Microsoft Word. The problem is that this
photo editing program won't automatically adjust the width of each paragraph,
I have to do it manually. So, I'd like to be able to specify the length of
each line of text and then convert each line into a separate paragraph. I've
tried various options in Word (Tables, Columns), but so far have not been
able to find a solution.

I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Regards,

Jack

Old September 25th 08, 12:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

There are a variety of approaches. If the text is to be rendered as a
picture, perhaps the easiest approach would be to display the text as
desired in Word, copy it to the clipboard, then -- in Word -- choose Edit -
Paste Special, and paste it into Word as a picture, using one of the formats
provided. Then, copy the graphic to the clipboard and paste it into your
photo editing program.

If you really want the text as text--not as a picture--then choose File -
Save As - Text with Layout. Word will convert the wrapped text into text
with hard paragraph marks. You can then open the resulting file in Word,
Notepad, Wordpad, etc., copy to the clipboard, and then paste into your
other program.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible