how do I get the chi-square symbol in Word

Old September 30th 08, 02:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary

Default how do I get the chi-square symbol in Word

I can't find the chi square symbol in any of Word's characters. Does it
exist, can anyone tell me?
Old September 30th 08, 02:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Gary wrote:
I can't find the chi square symbol in any of Word's characters. Does
it exist, can anyone tell me?

The lower case Greek letter chi is available in many common fonts. In the
Insert Symbol dialog, set the font to "normal text", the "From" dropdown
in the lower right to Unicode, and the "Subset" dropdown in the upper right
to Basic Greek; then locate the chi between phi and psi. In recent versions
of Word, instead of using the dialog, you can type the number 03c7 in the
document and press Alt+X to insert the chi.

The "square" part is a superscript 2. You can type the number 2, select it,
and press Ctrl+Shift+= to make it superscript.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old September 30th 08, 02:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vikram mundra[_2_]

You can make it easily and then store it as a little Word file. It works like
this:
1. Open a new Word doc
2. Click on Insert top line and then on Symbol
3. Find the font called Symbol by looking in the drop-down box, and search
for Chi.
4. Insert Chi.
5. Then type 2 after it and highlight just the 2.
6. Go to Format top line and Font and click on Superscript.
7. You now have Chi-square and you can save that for use by Copy-Paste
whenever you need it.