How do I make Word remember where the last document was saved?

Old October 22nd 08, 03:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aaks

Default How do I make Word remember where the last document was saved?

I am trying to save several files in the same location. However, each time I
try to save a document, it goes back to My Computer, and I have to navigate
to the folder I want to save my documents in. Is there a way for word to
remember and show the last location straight away, when saving multiple files
in the same location.
Old October 22nd 08, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ordinarily Word does do this, at least within a given Word session. If you
start Word fresh for each document, it will default to the folder you have
specified for "Documents" on the File Locations tab of Tools | Options. You
can change this path, and you can also add specific folders in current use
to the Places Bar in the Open and Save dialogs.

Old August 24th 10, 09:07 AM
Hard__warE Hard__warE is offline

Here are some Macro's for Word 2010 that allows it to Remember the last
Location you Saved to or Opened a Document From.

The code is not 100% Optimized, but does work as expected ...

Has not been tested with Word 2007 ...

Add these Macro's to your Normal.dotm

-------------------- Start of Macro's-------------------

Sub FileOpen()

FilePath (wdDialogFileOpen)

End Sub

Sub FileSave()

FilePath ("Save")

End Sub

Sub FileSaveAs()

FilePath (wdDialogFileSaveAs)

End Sub

Function FilePath(iDialog)
Dim MyString As String
uProfile = Environ("USERPROFILE")

If FileOrDirExists(uProfile & "\FilePath.txt") Then
Else: GoTo SkipInput
End If

Open uProfile & "\FilePath.txt" For Input As #1
Do While Not EOF(1)
Line Input #1, MyString
Loop
Close #1

ChangeFileOpenDirectory MyString

SkipInput:
If iDialog = "Save" Then
ActiveDocument.Save
Else
Set nDialog = Dialogs(iDialog)
On Error Resume Next
With nDialog
.Show
End With
On Error GoTo 0
End If

Open uProfile & "\FilePath.txt" For Output As #2
Write #2, CurDir()
Close #2

End Function

Function FileOrDirExists(PathName As String) As Boolean
Dim iTemp As Integer

On Error Resume Next
iTemp = GetAttr(PathName)

Select Case Err.Number
Case Is = 0
FileOrDirExists = True
Case Else
FileOrDirExists = False
End Select

On Error GoTo 0
End Function

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaks View Post
Old August 24th 10, 09:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hard__ware

--
hard__ware
hard__ware's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=2359