Blank page at the end of document

Old October 24th 08, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
giboozul

Default Blank page at the end of document

Hi, I'm trying to delete the last return of a document and no matter how many
times I select the paragraph mark and delete or backspace, this extra page
will not go away. If you could help with the trick to getting rid of the
blank last page I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks
Old October 24th 08, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old October 24th 08, 09:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
giboozul

Thanks, Jay. The only part of the page you referred me to that applies, is
showing non-printing characters like paragraph return. I've already done
that, and the one return on the page just refuses to respond to my delete and
backspace commands. There is a footer, but that shouldn't matter right? I
can't delete the page 5 (it's a four-page doc) footer without deleteing all
the rest of them.

Thanks

Old October 24th 08, 11:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale

You can't delete the last paragraph mark. Try selecting the paragraph mark
and adjusting the font size to 1.
--
Rae Drysdale

Old October 25th 08, 12:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You certainly can delete the last paragraph if it's an ordinary paragraph
following ordinary text. It's only when it follows a table that you can't
delete it; a table hasn't been mentioned here.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

giboozul wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to delete the last return of a document and no matter
how many times I select the paragraph mark and delete or backspace,
this extra page will not go away. If you could help with the trick to
getting rid of the blank last page I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so

Old October 25th 08, 08:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:26:06 -0700, giboozul wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to delete the last return of a document and no matter how many
times I select the paragraph mark and delete or backspace, this extra page
will not go away. If you could help with the trick to getting rid of the
blank last page I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks

Is there a section break before that last paragraph end mark? If so, try
deleting the section break.
--
Cheers
Robert
Old October 27th 08, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi

Are there TWO successive paragraph marks at the end - one ending the last
text paragraph, and another solo? If so, you need to delete the SECOND-LAST
one. But before you do, apply the formatting of the last text paragraph to
the solo ending parag mark.
--
TedMi