How can I make a show/hide text box that contains a table?

Old October 29th 08, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cass Rymar

Default How can I make a show/hide text box that contains a table?

Question is about MS Word 2003. I consider myself a WORD expert but I'm
stumped. My office uses a document template which contains a table within a
text box. The table/text box can be toggled to appear or disappear by
clidking on a a "SHOW/HIDE GRID" button on the tool bar. I have gone through
all the HELP topics and can find nothing about how to make this type of
show/hide table or text box. No one in the office knows anyting about it.
Can anyone help me?
Old October 29th 08, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

ActiveDocument.Shapes(1).Visible = msoFalse

will hide the first Shape in the document.

You should look at the code that is being run when the SHOW/HIDE GRID button
is clicked to see how it is being implemented in your case.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cass Rymar" Cass wrote in message
Question is about MS Word 2003. I consider myself a WORD expert but I'm
stumped. My office uses a document template which contains a table within
text box. The table/text box can be toggled to appear or disappear by
clidking on a a "SHOW/HIDE GRID" button on the tool bar. I have gone
through
all the HELP topics and can find nothing about how to make this type of
show/hide table or text box. No one in the office knows anyting about it.
Can anyone help me?

Show / Hide table of figures etc CarlSprake Microsoft Word Help 1 March 23rd 07 11:05 AM
Show/Hide Text Matthew256 Page Layout 1 January 26th 07 10:46 AM
how to hide a column in a table so it does not show up on print www7126 Tables 1 December 20th 06 05:16 PM
Table gridline hide/show rocketman60 Tables 2 May 25th 05 04:55 PM
Show/Hide text Susan New Users 2 December 1st 04 05:49 PM