How do I allow a user to insert signature into a protected form?

Old October 30th 08, 03:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Default How do I allow a user to insert signature into a protected form?

I'm creating a simple protected form that is a series of text fields and
check boxes in Word 2007. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this?

Thanks,
Greg
Old October 30th 08, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword

What sort of signature are you looking to insert? You could add a Text box
so that they type their name, but I'm betting that you are looking for more
than this. Can you provide further information?

Old October 31st 08, 06:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If your users are known in advance you could setup a dropdown field with
their names and call the signature files based on the result. The principle
is that at http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm, which can be used with
IncludePicture or Autotext fields instead.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old October 31st 08, 01:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Default How do I allow a user to insert signature into a protected for

Sorry, I should've provided more detail.

I need the user to insert an image file of their hand-written signature.
Unfortunately I don't know the end users, so it can't be solved by using a
drop down menu.

Other ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

Old October 31st 08, 02:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

In that case you will have to leave an unprotected section in which users
can insert the image of choice.

Old October 31st 08, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Thanks Graham,

How do you do that in Word 2007?

Greg

Old October 31st 08, 02:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Insert a section break before the space where the image will go. (and one
after it if not at the end).
From the developer tab Protect document restrict Formatting & Editing
Editing Restrictions Filling In Forms Select sections Check all but
the section to be unprotected. Start Enforcing Protection.
For creating forms in 2007 see also
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm

Old October 31st 08, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Thanks a ton! That worked. One final question related to this solution is
whether it's possible to make a section break that doesn't cause a line break.

Greg

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Insert a section break before the space where the image will go. (and one
after it if not at the end).
From the developer tab Protect document restrict Formatting & Editing

Old October 31st 08, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If you put it after a paragraph mark, you should be able to delete the extra
paragraph mark without deleting the break. Display by clicking on the home
tab (or CTRL+*)

--

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Insert a section break before the space where the image will go.
(and one after it if not at the end).
From the developer tab Protect document restrict Formatting &
Editing Editing Restrictions Filling In Forms Select sections

Old October 31st 08, 03:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

I couldn't get that to work for my purposes because I want to put text on the
same line, after the section break. But I found a work-around in case there's
no way to put text on a line after a section break.

Thanks again for all the help!
Greg

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Insert a section break before the space where the image will go.
(and one after it if not at the end).
From the developer tab Protect document restrict Formatting &