Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roderick O'Regan Roderick O'Regan is offline

Default Comments on left of page

Word 2007 SP1 (Office Professional) on Vista Business.

When I insert comments they go on the *left* side of the page.
Everything I read in Help tells me that they should go on the *Right*.
Likewise, everyone I talk to with the same configuration I have tell
me that theirs are on the *Right*

I've run Office Diagnostics. Checked updates. Nothing. However,
comments still on the left for me.

I thought that there must be a setting somewhere to switch them over
in 2007 but couldn't find one.

Can anyone suggest what's wrong, please?

Roderick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Review tab, in the Tracking group, click the arrow beside Track
Changes and choose Change Tracking Options. This opens a dialog in which you
can choose Right margin instead of Left.

"Roderick O'Regan" wrote in message
Word 2007 SP1 (Office Professional) on Vista Business.

When I insert comments they go on the *left* side of the page.
Everything I read in Help tells me that they should go on the *Right*.
Likewise, everyone I talk to with the same configuration I have tell
me that theirs are on the *Right*

I've run Office Diagnostics. Checked updates. Nothing. However,
comments still on the left for me.

I thought that there must be a setting somewhere to switch them over
in 2007 but couldn't find one.

Can anyone suggest what's wrong, please?

Roderick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roderick O'Regan Roderick O'Regan is offline

Yessss...!! That was really bugging me!

Thank you, Suzanne

Roderick

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:47:21 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

On the Review tab, in the Tracking group, click the arrow beside Track
Changes and choose Change Tracking Options. This opens a dialog in which you
can choose Right margin instead of Left.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're welcome. I don't know whether it says something about me or the
Ribbon that I had to really hunt to find this even though I knew it had to
exist (I thought it should be on the Review tab, but I ended up trolling
through Word Options as well).