Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lenny Lenny is offline

Default Mail Merge Problems Word 2003

Can someone help? Doug Robbins provided a url to a site, but the information
did not help... I have been to numerous sites trying to solve this problem.
I am using 2 columns and 61 rows of a multi-column spreadsheet as my
datasource in a mail merge to a Word document..... I don't want a
one-of-many, I want all the records, regardless of whether they are
replicated in the list or not. The word table has 2 columns and 15 rows. In
the Wizard, I have selected ALL RECORDS for the merge. Is there another
switch that I can use that will pull ALL of the records from the excel
spreadsheet, regardless of whether they are duplicated within the list???

Assistance is greatly appreciated as always - Lenny (please see below)

When I use only the 'mergefield' and 'column heading' in each of the word
table cells and run the merge, it produces a 600+ record document while there
are only 61 line items in the spreadsheet. Each line in the excel
spreadsheet is duplicated many, many, many, times in the final word document.

Example 1 __________________________________________________ ____________
Col 1 Col 2
mergefieldIC NO mergefield Name
mergefieldIC NO mergefield Name
mergefieldIC NO mergefield Name

When I insert the merge field and column heading reference in the first row
and then add a 'next' field : NEXTMergefieldIC NO and copy it to all
following rows of the word table and run the mailmerge, it produces a 2 page
document but only pulls in the first instance of any entry that is replicated
in the excel spreadsheet.

Col 1
Col 2
mergefieldIC NO mergefield Name