INSERT POWERPOINT SLIDE INTO WORD DOCUMENT

Old March 11th 05, 02:07 PM
LukePW

Default INSERT POWERPOINT SLIDE INTO WORD DOCUMENT

Hi,

I have graphics and text that I would like to import into a Word Document.
When I click, send to Word under the File menu, it opens a new document. I
then select, copy and paste the slide that I need and paste it into Word.
But what I get is only a grey line with: EMBED PowerPoint.Slide.8 instead of
the image. Why is that? What is the best way to import a slide with the
actual images into Word?

Thanks a lot !

Luke
Old March 11th 05, 03:25 PM
Jay Freedman

You've already done it, you're just looking at a "field code" instead of the
"field result". Press Alt+F9 (a shortcut for going to Tools Options and
unchecking the Field Codes box) and you should see your slide.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old March 11th 05, 03:43 PM
LukePW

Thanks but I still do not see the slide only the text and icon: PowerPoint
Slide with diagonal lines NOT the actual slide. I tried looking at the
document in print layout, normal layout...

Thanks

Old March 11th 05, 08:55 PM
Jay Freedman

Hi Luke,

I can't duplicate that with any set of options I know about. Can I assume
you just pasted in Word, and didn't use Edit Paste Special or click
anything that said "Display icon"? What versions of Word and PowerPoint are
you using?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman