Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mkate Mkate is offline

Default Set cell field size in Word Table

Hello,

I have been asked to set up a table for a project and they would like to
have the table cells set to a certain text limit (like 1000 characters in
some and less in others. I have looked everywhere to see if this can be done
but cannot locate any information on how to do this.

Is this possible in a Word table cell? And, how would I do it?

Thank you for any advice you can share.
--
Mkate
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Mkate wrote:
Hello,

I have been asked to set up a table for a project and they would like
to have the table cells set to a certain text limit (like 1000
characters in some and less in others. I have looked everywhere to
see if this can be done but cannot locate any information on how to
do this.

Is this possible in a Word table cell? And, how would I do it?

Thank you for any advice you can share.

You can set a fixed table cell size in inches or centimeters, but not by
number of characters. To prevent the columns' widths from expanding, select
the column or the whole table and click Table AutoFit Fixed Column
Width. To prevent the rows from expanding verticallys, go to Table Table
Properties Row and set an Exact row height.

If you then insert text form fields into the table cells, one field per
cell, set the maximum character count in each cell's Properties dialog, and
protect the document for forms, you will have exercised the most control
that Word gives you.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman