Mark up area showing beside my document. Can't get rid of it

Old December 5th 08, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bev

Default Mark up area showing beside my document. Can't get rid of it

I transferred a 2000 word document into word 2007 using compatibility mode.
I ended up with an area to the right of my document which is a "Mark up area"
and it shows formatting, plus every time I make a correction, it shows in my
document as a cross out in red etc. HELP. I need to get this document out
and can't get rid of the editing comments. Can someone tell me how to get
rid of this?
Old December 5th 08, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grammatim[_2_]

You turned on Track Changes -- maybe you typed Ctrl-Shift-E. Type that
again to turn it off. (There are at least two other ways, also.)

Go to Reviewing on the ribbon, and in the down-arrow under "Accept
Change," choose "Accept All Changes."