Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gisela gisela is offline

Default Booklet prints blank page

I have a 38 page booklet usin Word 2003 Bookfold. When I sent to printer I
use the manual duplex option but all in does is "print" one blank page - the
printer cue says "printing page 21" which is not blank and then it asks me to
turn the paper over and this time it says "printing body of document" and
nothing prints.

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, there's no such thing as a 38-page booklet since booklets have to have
pages in increments of four. Add two blank pages to the end of your document
(to make a total of 40) and see if it works better.

http://word.mvps.org

"Gisela" wrote in message
I have a 38 page booklet usin Word 2003 Bookfold. When I sent to printer I
use the manual duplex option but all in does is "print" one blank page -
the
printer cue says "printing page 21" which is not blank and then it asks me
turn the paper over and this time it says "printing body of document" and
nothing prints.

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Book fold" can be very flaky, especially on some printers. If you don't
have any further success with it, you can drop back to some of the
tried-and-true methods used in earlier versions; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Gisela" wrote in message
I have a 38 page booklet usin Word 2003 Bookfold. When I sent to
printer I
use the manual duplex option but all in does is "print" one blank
page -
the
printer cue says "printing page 21" which is not blank and then it asks
me
turn the paper over and this time it says "printing body of document"
and
nothing prints.

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gisela gisela is offline

Suzanne - I tried the tried-and-true method and though I get it to print and
in the right order it leaves all the right sides of the pages blank and
prints only on the left side - am I supposed to now cut away the right side?
I thought for saving paper that all the "40" pages would print on 10 sheets
that I could just fold... Is this just not possible?

Back to the book fold method I am now getting stuff out but again a lot of
sheets with blank "pages" where there should not be any... can you go over
with me what the printer set up should look like in this version - perhaps
that is what is wrong?

"Gisela" wrote in message
I have a 38 page booklet usin Word 2003 Bookfold. When I sent to
printer I
use the manual duplex option but all in does is "print" one blank
page -
the
printer cue says "printing page 21" which is not blank and then it asks
me
turn the paper over and this time it says "printing body of document"
and
nothing prints.

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are using the method for Word 97 and earlier, then you have evidently
missed out several steps. Did you create mirror margins and the 5.5" inside
gutter? This will cause the odd pages to be on the right side of the sheet
and the even pages on the left. Did you then print the odd pages and
reinsert the paper to print the even pages in reverse order? This will still
give you 20 sheets. As the article says, if you're trying to duplex them,
then you need to either figure out the print order for yourself or print
them single-sided and achieve the duplexing through copying. When I create a
document this way, it is usually as a master (camera-ready copy) for offset
printing or other duplication, so I want them single-sided.

http://word.mvps.org