kalico

Default Can't Protect Document?

Please can someone help. I have been creating a form and have had to alter it
many times. I have finally completed it but whan I went to protect it the
protect document field in the toolbar is greyed out and it won't let me
select it likewise with the padlock on the forms toolbar? Is there something
obvious I am missing? I really do not want to start at the beginning again as
this has already taken many hours of my time.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?a2FsaWNv?=,

I have been creating a form and have had to alter it
many times. I have finally completed it but whan I went to protect it the
protect document field in the toolbar is greyed out and it won't let me
select it likewise with the padlock on the forms toolbar? Is there something
obvious I am missing? I really do not want to start at the beginning again as
this has already taken many hours of my time.

Version of Word involved? Which toolbar did you use to insert the form fields?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

EJH

I'm in the same boat - although it is only the padlock that is greyed out.
It had been available to me but now is not. I am working with MS Office Word
2003 SP1.
EJH

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?a2FsaWNv?=,

I have been creating a form and have had to alter it
many times. I have finally completed it but whan I went to protect it the
protect document field in the toolbar is greyed out and it won't let me
select it likewise with the padlock on the forms toolbar? Is there something
obvious I am missing? I really do not want to start at the beginning again as
this has already taken many hours of my time.

Version of Word involved? Which toolbar did you use to insert the form fields?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RUpI?=,

I'm in the same boat - although it is only the padlock that is greyed out.
It had been available to me but now is not. I am working with MS Office Word
2003 SP1.

You haven't said which TOOLBAR you used to insert the form fields? Did you use
the Control Toolbox at all in this document (even if you later deleted the
fields)? What's your macro security setting (Tools/Macro/Security)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

EJH

I was using the FORMS toolbar but have not included the CONTROL TOOLBOX
toobar, clicked on the DESIGN MODE button and the padlock is now active.
Thank you.

Hi ?B?RUpI?=,