Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arty1941 Arty1941 is offline

Default UNABLE TO DELETE MACROS & GETTING ERROR MESSAGE

I installed then uninstalled Symantec WINFAX PRO 10 on my Win XP system and
even though I uninstalled WinFax, it left 3 or 4 macros in my Word 2002 macro
section. These seem to be causing a warning that €śThis document does not
have macros enabled€ť or something to that effect. If I close the warning
Word will work as normal. That warning every time I open Word is a PITA. I
tried to delete the macros but word will not let me. I even UNINSTALLED WORD
AND REINSTALLED it and the darn things are still there. I read the Microsoft
info on this problem but there are so many so called fixes that I am
confused. Can someone please help me get rid of these macros in a way that
even a dummy like me can understand, so Word does not keep giving me that
macro warning?

HHHEEELLLP

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Winfax installs an add-in in the Word or Office startup folder (see tools
templates and addins). Remove that add-in from the folder with Word closed.

Arty1941 wrote:
I installed then uninstalled Symantec WINFAX PRO 10 on my Win XP
system and even though I uninstalled WinFax, it left 3 or 4 macros in
my Word 2002 macro section. These seem to be causing a warning that
"This document does not have macros enabled" or something to that
effect. If I close the warning Word will work as normal. That
warning every time I open Word is a PITA. I tried to delete the
macros but word will not let me. I even UNINSTALLED WORD AND
REINSTALLED it and the darn things are still there. I read the
Microsoft info on this problem but there are so many so called fixes
that I am confused. Can someone please help me get rid of these
macros in a way that even a dummy like me can understand, so Word
does not keep giving me that macro warning?

HHHEEELLLP

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arty1941 Arty1941 is offline

I tried what you mentioned and now I seem to be getting a Microsoft Visual
Basic warning that "COMPILE ERROR IN HIDDEN MODULE WINFAX PRINT AND MERGE."

What did I do wrong or how can I fix this.

Thanks again

AS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arty1941 Arty1941 is offline

Actually Graham, I would not be against installing Word 2002 THEN figuring
where and how to get rid of these cursed Win fax macros, before re installing
Word again. The last time I tried that they showed up again which to say the
least got me somewhat PO'ed

Thanks

Art Santella
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

"Arty1941" wrote in message
Actually Graham, I would not be against installing Word 2002 THEN figuring
where and how to get rid of these cursed Win fax macros, before re
installing
Word again. The last time I tried that they showed up again which to say
the
least got me somewhat PO'ed

Graham didn't say anything about installing or uninstalling Word. Which,
btw, will only waste your time since the issue is attributed to a global
template. As Graham noted, go to Tools/Templates and Add-ins, select the
WinFax Pro template and note the file location at the bottom of the list
box. Then exit Word, find the template, and either delete it or move it out
of the folder to prevent it from loading when Word starts.

Note you can not simply deselect the template in the Templates and Add-ins
dialog box as it will continue to load when Word starts.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arty1941 Arty1941 is offline

Beth I know Graham did not mention uninstalling word, but I was trying to
suggest that if a fix included that, I would not mind. IN FACT your
suggestion worked perfectly. I did not notice that the Marcro that was
checked referring to win fax had the FILE LOCATION at the bottom of the
window. I first only unchecked it but it still worked. When you mentioned
and saw the file location of the macro, I tracked it down and deleted it.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Year

Art Santella
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear you have everything working as expected
again. :-)

The file location is easy to miss - it's always the little things, isn't it?
;-)