Remove mysterious underline.

Old January 4th 09, 08:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
emerl

Default Remove mysterious underline.

Using Word 2003, I hit enter and a bold underline appeared across the page. I
don't know how it got there, and I can't remove it. I obviously must have hit
something unintentionally, but have no idea what. Now the underline won't
delete and won't allow highlighting (so I can't "cut" it out). How do I get
rid of this darn underline?

Thank you,

Old January 4th 09, 09:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules

Check the paragraph border settings.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old January 4th 09, 10:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale

I think you have accidentally turned on track changes. You will need to
accept all changes and then turn it off. There is a track changes toolbar
where this can be done.
--
Rae Drysdale

Old January 5th 09, 12:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grammatim[_2_]

How would Track Changes cause a bold line across a page? S/he has
simply typed a group of hyphens vel sim. and Enter, and Word
obligingly turned it into a Paragraph Border.