import or merge one document into another

Old January 6th 09, 05:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BBran

Default import or merge one document into another

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way to import or merge one document into
another? I can't seem to find a way other than cut and paste and then the
formatting gets fowled up.
--
Thanks,
Bob

Old January 6th 09, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grammatim[_2_]

Depends on your version of Word what it's called and how to find it,
but what you want to do is (2003) Insert File or (2007) Insert
Object Text From File.

Old January 7th 09, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BBran

Thanks, I discovered that shortly after posting. Wish WORD 2007 was as user
friendly as WordPerfect! Insert File makes sense, Insert Object Text
From File doesn't.

Old January 8th 09, 09:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M.

Hi BBran,

Insert File makes sense, Insert Object Text
From File doesn't.

I agree with you, and that's how it used to be with Word. I
can never find the command, either. They changed it in 2007
and for the life of me, I can't follow the logic they used
to label this...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

how do i import an excel sheet into a word merge document Ang Mailmerge 1 November 12th 07 07:22 PM
Import or merge DWG / Picture files into a document Rookie_User Mailmerge 7 February 7th 07 04:42 AM
how can I import photos into a Word document using Mail Merge? NGO in Aceh Mailmerge 1 September 29th 06 10:55 AM
email merge import? 2pak Mailmerge 2 February 24th 06 04:47 PM
How do I import access data into a word mail merge document that Rayomand Mailmerge 1 November 29th 05 09:46 PM